14 June 2009

Why I Hate Living in the Tornado Belt

Umm, yeah...I was here:

AND I just found out that there was a funnel cloud beginning to rotate above us yesterday--a full day AFTER it happened.  When I saw the picture...on the news.   I knew that there was a vicious storm raging over the oh-so-sturdy Sam's Club tin roof.  Just didn't know it was near tornadic.  To be honest, I'm really thankful that I didn't know about this until after the fact.  Because if I had known how bad it was at the time, I would have been wigging out rather than sifting through the bin of avocados, eating free sample chimichangas, and reading oversized board books to the Pea.

(Thanks, Sam's Club, for the heads up on the near tornado raging above us.  Kudos to the Wal-Mart multi-million dollar weather tracking station...sorry, I don't write sarcasm very well.)

No comments: