25 April 2009

Crocodile Blah

The other day, I was thinking about how every song ever created is probably at least one person's favorite.  It makes me a little sad.  "Crocodile Rock" is someone's favorite song.  When Elton John starts playing it in concert, someone starts jumping up and down screaming because that is the sole song for which they bought tickets to his concert.  It's not that I dislike Sir Elton that much.  I think he has a few songs that are even favorite-worthy.  "Your Song", for instance, is excellent (especially Ewan McGregor's version).   

"Sugar Shack" by Jimmy Gilmer & the Fireballs...that is someone's favorite song.  Okay, now I'm really depressed about the future of humanity.

2 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

I have to disagree with you...sorry but I have to. There has to be songs out there that are on the record just as space fillers. There is nothing worthy about them...they just had to get the record done and they made up something, anything, to fill it up. Maybe you're right, maybe someone does love those space fillers. You know what song I CANNOT stand?? That cartoon praise song...you know, if cartoons started singing praise? It makes me want to run away and join the circus.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know that song. It annoys the crud out of me. Which is too bad because I really like Chris Rice otherwise.

I just hate the fact that someone out there even loves Crocodile Rock, whether it's their fav or not.