24 April 2006

It Ain't Me, Babe

I was going to write all about stress and boundaries, but I think Johnny Cash summed it up a bit better:

Go away from my window.
Leave at your own chosen speed.
I'm not the one you want, babe.
I'm not the one you need.

You say you're looking for someone
Who's never weak, but always strong
To protect you and defend you
Whether you are right or wrong.
Someone to open each and every door...

But it ain't me, babe, no, no, no
It ain't me, babe, it ain't me you're looking for
Babe.

Go lightly from the ledge, babe,
Go lightly on the ground.
I'm not the one you want, babe,
I'll only let you down.

You say you're looking for someone
Who'll promise never to part.
Someone who'll close his eyes to you
Someone who'll close his heart.
Someone to die for you and more...

But it ain't me, babe, no, no, no
It ain't me, babe, it ain't me you're looking for
Babe.

You say you're looking for someone
To pick you up each time you fall
To gather flowers constantly
And to come each time you call.
And to love you for your life and nothin' more...

But it ain't me, babe, no, no, no
It ain't me, babe, it ain't me you're looking for

Babe.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard that version. I've only heard the original with Bob Dylan. I'll have to check it out.

That is an interesting take on boundries.

Karen said...

i didn't even know that bob dylan had a version. i just looked it up, and he has additional lyrics. hmmm.

Ellen said...

Didn't know that either.

Anonymous said...

Did you get to see "Walk the Line"? I saw it with my 3 sisters and though I don't like Joaquin Phoenix, I thought the movie was pretty good...

Poor Karen, haven't seen you in so long, but I'm feelin' for you! I wish I could sing you a song to make you feel better...

"Oliver!"--I'd do anything for you dear, anything, for you mean everything to me...I know that I'd go anywhere for your smile...dadada...

I never could remember songs as well as you and your sisters... :P

I wish it were true, but unfortunately, I probably can't do much for you...sorry! hehe...cheer up, someone's praying for you tonight!

Kat

Ellen said...

Kat, I'm afraid that you aren't welcome on these premises if you don't like Joquin Phoenix. You are cruisin' for a bruisin', sista.

Shelli said...

kat,
I don't know you...but I might just have to "smack ya" for not liking the J-man.

(does anyone else remember when his name was Leaf? "YO JINXS!")

Anonymous said...

OK OK...I think he's an incredible actor, but I question what he's like IRL. Am I digging a hole?

Shelli said...

Thank you APK (we all know who you REALLY are) for backing me up on the Space Camp quote.

Karen said...

Kat,
Ignore the beligerent presences in my life. You are welcome to have any opinion you want of him, dreamboat preferred. :)