21 March 2009

Bragging on my Hubby

So how wonderful is Bill? I just feel so blessed that God brought us together and blessed by his love for me. A short list of examples from the last few days:

1. He's willing to play Tetris with me even though he knows I'm going to skunk him 9 times out of 10. (We have a pretty strict "no letting the other person win" rule in our household)

2. He encourages me in creative pursuits even though he knows that, as a result, my desk is just going to get messier and messier.

3. He didn't get mad at me this morning when I woke up super-cranky because our jerkwad dog woke the Pea up early by barking...instead...

4. He went and got me Chick-fil-A chicken minis and picked up the Twilight DVD at Target ("Wow...there were a lot of teenage girls there." His only other later comment, after downloading the special online features was, "Please don't make me watch this." And I won't. That's a promise.)


On a side note (when do I ever blog and not have a side note?), this meme is making the rounds, and though he's not quite verbal yet, I thought it would be fun to have a little imaginary conversation with the Pea:

1. What is something mom always says to you?

The Pea: "Are you hungry?"


2. What makes mom happy?

P: Feeding me.


3. What makes mom sad?

P: Going too long without feeding me.


4. How does your mom make you laugh?

P: Pretty much anything that involves me seeing her one minute...and then disappearing...and then reappearing as if by magic!


5. What was your mom like as a child?

P: Right now, she seems to only exist in my presence.


6. How old is your mom?

P: Old enough to make milk, thank goodness.


7. How tall is your mom?

P: About 3 times as tall as me.


8. What is her favorite thing to do?

P: Feed me.


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?

P: Pump so that Daddy can feed me.


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

P: Do people become famous for feeding other, smaller people?


11. What is your mom really good at?

P: Producing milk.


12. What is your mom not very good at?

P: Getting me to like green beans


13. What does your mom do for a job?

P: I'm pretty sure it involves milk in some way...perhaps producing it?


14.What is your mom's favorite food?

P: She seems to put a lot of brown, sweet stuff in her mouth that smells like the nectar of the gods. I heard her refer to it as...what was it? Oh, yes, chocolate.


15.What makes you proud of your mom?

P: She's really a champion milk-producer in my opinion.


16. If your mom were a Cartoon character, who would she be?

P: ???
me: Cartoon characters are those thing on the "classical baby" DVD that Aunt Julie and Uncle Mark gave you for Christmas.
P: Okay. The dancing sheep then.


17. What do you and your mom do together?

P: Pretty much everything at this point.


18. How are you and your mom the same?

P: We're both at the top of a bell-shaped distribution of height for our age.
me: You know what a bell-shaped distribution is?
P: Of course. I am a genius.
me: Well, I know, but still...


19. How are you and your mom different?

P: Well, only one of us can produce milk...three guesses as to who and the first two don't count.


20. How do you know your mom loves you?

P: She tells me so. And she produces milk for me.


21. What does your mom like most about your dad?

P: Seeing what a good daddy he is to me.
me: Okay, yes, I do like that a lot.


22. Where does your mom like to go?

P: Bed seems to be a favorite of hers.


23. What does your mom really want?

P: She's got me and Daddy, what more could she ask for?
me: I couldn't agree more.

No comments: